Explore Library resources for the day
The Brynmor Jones Library at the University of Hull is open to members of the public, anyone can come and use the space on the ground floor that includes our art gallery and cafe. To explore library resources you will need to apply as a day visitor. We recommend you complete your online registration ahead of your visit to the Library.
A day pass provides:
- access to our physical collections.
- access to our online resources using a computer (over 18s only)
- the option to use your own mobile devices and connect to our high-speed guest Wi-Fi network.
You are not able to:
- book our group study rooms or utilise high demand bookable spaces.
- access the Library during University exam periods.
- print or copy using SmartPrint devices.
Apply as a Day Visitor
- You will need to show form of photo identification on your visit.
- Day Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Access is provided between 09.00-19.30 weekdays and 09.00-17.00 on weekends only.
- As a day visitor, you will also be asked to confirm that you will abide by the library regulations.
If you would like to use the Library on a more long-term basis (eg more than a month), please ask about associate membership on arrival.