Explore Library resources for the day
The Brynmor Jones Library at the University of Hull is open to members of the public, anyone can come and use the space on the ground floor that includes our art gallery and cafe. To explore library resources you will need to apply as a day visitor.
We recommend you complete your online registration ahead of your visit to the Library.
Please note places are limited; you will be placed on a waiting list if registration reaches full capacity.
A day visitor pass provides:
- access to our physical collections.
- access to our online resources using a computer (over 18s only)
- the option to use your own mobile devices and connect to our high-speed guest Wi-Fi network.
- Please note that we reserve the right to remove access during University exam periods.
You are not able to:
- book our group study rooms or utilise high demand bookable spaces.
- print or copy using SmartPrint devices.
Apply as a Day Visitor
- You will need to show a physical form of photo identification on your visit, clearly showing your date of birth.
- Day Visitors under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Day Visitors can use the library between 09:00-19:30 weekdays and 09:30-17:00 on weekends only. Last admission to the library will be granted 45 minutes before access closes.
- As a day visitor, you will also be asked to confirm that you will abide by the library regulations.
If you would like to use the Library on a more long-term basis (eg more than a month), please ask about associate membership on arrival.