Extra services and information for students with disabilities.
All students registered with Student Wellbeing, Learning and Welfare Support are entitled to additional support from the Library, including:
- access to a range of adaptive/assistive technologies housed in the Library
- information points now have a zoom feature which can be accessed by holding down Ctrl +/- on the keyboard
- 24-hour loan periods are extended to 48 hours
- 8-week loan periods are extended to 9 weeks
- option for materials to be created in alternative formats.
In the Library you will find:
- Lifts fitted with sensors which detect anything in the way of the closing doors
- Lifts have an audible alarm in the case of emergency
- Emergency phones on all floors, connected directly to the Welcome Desk
- Hearing loop systems at the Welcome Desk
- Height adjustable desks
- Colour coded signs and floor plans
- Disabled toilets
- Low-level catalogue terminal desks
- Low-level printer in the Readng Room
- A CCTV unit on the ground floor
In the event of a building evacuation, library staff will, if possible, help wheelchair users onto the fire-proof staircases, and will then alert the Library Safety Officer and emergency services of the need for further assistance.
Staff at the Welcome Desk will be happy to note where you are planning to work if you provide this information on entering the building.
Update - The 24-hour book collection service
The 24-hour book collection service has now been replaced with our on-shelf reservation service. Please see information on reserving/recalling items.
We are happy to support any student with accessibility issues with collecting the item from the Reading Room. Please see a library assistant at the Welcome Desk.