How to make best use of the study spaces in the Library.
The majority of seats in the Library (with and without PCs) are open-access and therefore do not need to be booked in advance.
These open-access seats are located on the: Ground Floor, 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, 3rd Floor, 4th Floor, 5th Floor, 6th Floor, and 7th Floor.
Book a seat or room
High demand spaces are bookable and are located:
- Reading Room including the Mezzanine (Silent Study)
- Post Graduate Lounge (2nd Floor)
- All Group Study Rooms including the Family Room
The Family Room is for students wanting to bring their children with them while studying. The room has two bookable seats with a computer, a playmat, and a children's bookcase.
You can borrow a laptop for 8 hours from one of the laptop lockers on the first floor.
You can also apply for a long-term (4-week) laptop loan.
Connect to Wi-Fi
How to connect to the university's Eduroam Wi-Fi (recommended for students and staff).
There is also a guest Wi-Fi service available, but access to the guest Wi-Fi must be renewed every 24 hours.
Print, copy, and scan
There are multi-function printer/copier/scanners throughout the Library.
You can print to any of them:
How to print, copy, scan, and top-up your print credit.
The Library has a new student kitchen! (for a trial period)
- It is on the ground floor of the Library
- It contains water for hot drinks and a microwave
- There are seats and tables
- You will need your student card to access the kitchen
- The trial lasts for the first semester of 2022-23 We will then evaluate how successful the trial has been.
The Library has lots of ways switch off and take a break from studying.