Information on borrowing items from the Library.
How do I borrow things during Covid?
You can reserve books for collection using the library search.
The short video below guides you through the complete process.
How many books can I borrow?
|Type of borrower||Number of books|
|Associate members including University of Hull graduates
Please note: Associate Members may not use 24 hour loan items
|Registered students of the University of Hull (undergraduates)
|Students studying for higher degrees through taught programmes or by dissertation
|Students studying for higher degrees by thesis including unregistered research students with retained status
|Members of staff of the University, recognised teachers of the University, honorary members of staff and retired members of staff
How long can I borrow an item for?
- The loan periods for books and other items vary according to the demand for them
- Some items, such as those contained in the reference collection, may not be borrowed at all
- The Reading Room contains the High Demand Collection (HDC). Items in the HDC may have a four week, one week or 24 hour loan period
- The majority of books outside of the HDC can be borrowed for eight weeks
- Some books are subject to recall if another library user requests them. You will be e-mailed with a new return date if the item is recalled.
What if I can't come to the Library to borrow?
You can request items be mailed to you if you are a distance or part-time learner.