Our highly qualified and experienced teachers provide specialist study skills tuition.
We'd recommend that you share information about your specific learning difference when you apply to the University. All applications are considered fairly and disclosing a difference won't affect your chances of receiving an offer. We'll send you a questionnaire so that we can understand your needs. If you haven't disclosed a difference on your application, don't worry - you can talk to us about it at any time.
What can we do for you?
- We offer DSA funded specialist one-to-one study support
- You'll have access to a designated virtual learning site with lots of resources to help you in your studies
- Our dedicated tutors work closely with your department to promote an inclusive learning environment
- We provide assistive software to help you read and write for university
- You'll have access to an online screener to identify dyslexia, dyspraxia and visual difficulties
- Appointments for AD(H)D screening
- Reasonable adjustments for teaching and learning, such as the provision of lecture materials in advance, and recording of lectures
Information for DSA assessors
Non-medical helper rates
Our students do not have to pay for support, and our team help students apply for DSA for your specialist support needs. The University of Hull provides specialist 1:1 study skills support (SpLD) tutorials at a cost of £60.43 per hour. Non-Medical Help is funded by Disabled Students Allowance (DSA). See the DSA price list for more information.