What support is available?
Our specialist teams offer advice and guidance in a confidential, supporting environment.
- Learning Support helps students with specific learning differences, such as dyslexia and dyspraxia.
- Disability Inclusion support students with a disability and physical health concerns, both temporary and permanent.
- Mental Health Support are here to help with any emotional wellbeing and mental health concerns, and support around significant life events.
- The Chaplaincy team brings a wealth of experience to support you whilst you are here at Hull, and provide a place of welcome and support to all students of any faith or belief, offering a physical and emotional space to chat, reflect and, if appropriate, pray.
- Our Financial Support team provide guidance to students who may find themselves in financial hardship. If you are unsure if you are receiving the correct entitlement of student funding, or are experiencing problems or delays with your application, please get in touch to see if we can help in any way.
- Immigration Advisers support study-related immigration queries.
- Student Futures help students decide what to do next after University and support you in developing your career potential.
- We have specialist staff available to support you with using our Assistive Technology equipment.
- Are you a parent? Need to bring the kids in? Book our Family Room, with desks, computers and a children’s play area.
- If you’re not sure what team to go to then come to see Student Life. The team can help unpick more complex situations and signpost you to the most relevant and appropriate service. They also offer support to those on the autistic spectrum and can work with you to understand any adjustments you may benefit from.
Our Student Futures, Student Life, Mental Health Support, Disability Inclusion, Learning Support and Immigration Advice all provide face-to-face, video and telephone appointments, call 01482 462222 to book.
If you need support related to your course itself, head to your faculty hub. Student hubs provide academic support linked to teaching and assessments. There are four hubs and they can help with a range of subjects, from module choices to exam results.
Faculty of Science and Engineering - First floor, Ferens
Faculty of Arts, Cultures and Education - First floor, Wilberforce
Faculty of Health Sciences - Ground Floor, Allam Medical Building
Faculty of Business, Law and Politics - Ground Floor, Esk
Students Union Advice Centre
Our Students’ Unions Advice Centre provide free and impartial advice and guidance on any issues you may face as a student, from finance and funding to employment and housing. They are also on hand to support any academic concerns you may have. To contact them, call 01482 466263 or email email@example.com.