What support is available?
Our specialist teams offer advice and guidance in a confidential, supporting environment.
- Learning Support helps students with specific learning differences, such as dyslexia and dyspraxia
- Disability Inclusion support students with a disability and physical health concerns, both temporary and permanent
- Mental Health Support are here to help with any emotional wellbeing and mental health concerns, and support around significant life events. The team also offer support to those on the autistic spectrum and can work with you to understand any adjustments you may benefit from
- The Chaplaincy team brings a wealth of experience to support you whilst you are here at Hull, and provide a place of welcome and support to all students of any faith or belief, offering a physical and emotional space to chat, reflect and, if appropriate, pray
- Our Financial Support team provide guidance to students who may find themselves in financial hardship. If you are unsure if you are receiving the correct entitlement of student funding, or are experiencing problems or delays with your application, please get in touch to see if we can help in any way.
- Immigration Advisers support study-related immigration queries
- Careers and Employability support students to decide what to do next after University and help you to develop and fulfil your career potential
- We have specialist staff available to support you with using our Assistive Technology equipment.
- If you’re not sure what team to go to then come to see Student Life who help students to re-engage with their studies and University, and for any problems that occur in University accommodation. The team can help unpick more complex situations and signpost you to the most relevant and appropriate service
Get in touch with Student Services:
Tel: 01482 462222
Online: raise an enquiry through MyHull Portal
In-person: Central Hub, First Floor, Student Central
Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 8.45 am - 5.30 pm
We are closed on bank holidays and during any University closures
Some of our services are available via appointments, these run from 9.00 am, with the last appointment at 4.30 pm (Mental Health Team's last appointment is 4:00pm)
All appointments are held in private rooms at the Central Hub.
If you're off-campus, you can request a telephone appointment when you book.
If you can't make your appointment, please let us know so that we can reschedule it.
If you need support related to your course itself, head to your faculty hub. Student hubs provide academic support linked to teaching and assessments. There are four hubs and they can help with a range of subjects, from module choices to exam results.
Faculty of Science and Engineering - First floor, Ferens
Faculty of Arts, Cultures and Education - First floor, Wilberforce
Faculty of Health Sciences - Ground Floor, Allam Medical Building
Faculty of Business, Law and Politics - Ground Floor, Esk