BJL flowers

Academic Support Tutor

Achieve your goals for academic success, personal development and career progression with personalised help from your personal supervisor.

University of Hull students

When you join the University, you’ll be allocated a personal supervisor, usually a member of staff in your department, who you’ll usually meet twice a trimester. They’ll help you become an independent and creative learner and work with you to regularly review your achievements and progress throughout your time here at Hull.

You’ll have a dedicated first point of contact to reach out to in times of need and you’ll form genuine relationships to help develop a sense of identity and membership of our university community. Our supervisors have oversight of your academic achievements and can offer advice, feedback and guidance to help you succeed.

Your supervisor is the first point of contact for any problems that might affect your academic work and they will help you understand the university structure and issues affecting your academic progress. They’ll also direct you to help with non-academic issues like finances or housing.