My Post-Doc at UJEP (The Netherlands) focused on serious gaming in flood risk management and urban planning; My PhD Thesis was completed at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) and focused on the ‘Rise of Civil Society in Governing Flood Resilience’. The thesis followed a qualitative approach and involved fieldwork in England and the Netherlands.
I am currently pursuing further research into:
- Flood resilience and climate resilience
- Governance approaches and the role of civil society
- Sustainable transformations after disasters
- Socio-spatial inequalities and justice in flood risk management and climate adaptation
- Bridging the theory-practice gap in flood resilience
- International comparative research
- Serious gaming and its use in disaster resilience
I am open to research collaborations in other areas as well.
I am interested in supervising projects relating to my research interests or in related areas.
If you have an idea for a project then please email me with an outline of your project idea.