Check access and auto-complete the online form
- Please seach for the item below to see if we already have access to the full text
- If the item appears in the search results but says citation online (not full text), click on the search result anyhow
- You should then see an option to request this item via the Inter Library Loan service. This will attempt to auto-complete the inter-library loan request form for you.
Online forms for Inter Library Loans
If the auto-complete option is not available, or doesn't work, please use one of the following online forms:
Charges and request allowances
Annual request allowances
The following annual request allowances are available for registered members of the University of Hull. Allowances run from 1st August to the 31st July for requests funded centrally (subject to budget availability):
- Undergraduate students: 6 requests
- Retired members of the University: 15 requests
- Taught postgraduate students, research postgraduate students and academic staff: requests allowed based on need
- Associate borrowers: will need to pay the charges shown below per request
You are responsible for the following charges if you are over your quota (see above) or if you are an Associate Borrower:
- PDF - £9.00
- Photocopies - £9.00
- Loans - £12.50
Viewing articles delivered online
Inter-library loan articles delivered as Secure Electronic Documents (SED) need to be opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is available on the public PCs in the Brynmor Jones Library. Alternatively you can download this software to your own PC. For more information please visit our libguide.
Requesting a UK PhD Thesis
If you require a PhD or other doctoral thesis from another UK Higher Education Institution please visit the website ethos.bl.uk. EThOS is an electronic system from the British Library allowing individuals to discover, access and archive e-theses that are produced in UK Higher Education Institutions.