Please note you need to use your University of Hull email address with this service.
You must observe the SensusAccess conditions of use.
Please be aware that the form expands as you complete each stage.
Conditions of use for SensusAccess
SensusAccess allows students and staff to automatically convert documents into a range of alternate media. Use of SensusAccess is covered by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
You can make an accessible copy if
- you own the copyright (e.g. it's your own work)
- you have permission from the copyright owner
- the copyright has expired
- you have a print disability or if it's for someone with a print disability
Students and staff may convert documents produced by The University of Hull in relation to course work and University activities, e.g. module handouts, course packs, lecture notes, without prior permission from the University. This does not include published works or material where the copyright owner is not the University, unless you have a print disability. Copies should be for personal use only. Please ask Library staff if you are unsure which documents can be converted.
Students with a print disability using SensusAccess need to agree that:
- the copy won't be shared with others
- you can't find a commercially available version in an appropriate format
- and you abide by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act, 1988, Section 31A (Disabled persons: copies of works for personal use)
- you will not upload any personal and/or sensitive information to the service for conversion.
- All use is for non-commercial purposes.