Our commitment to you, our library users, is to:
- provide a service which is friendly, helpful and responsive to your needs.
- provide the fullest possible service at all times, within the constraints of available resources.
- create a pleasant and welcoming environment in which you can work.
- make available materials and information resources appropriate to your needs.
- train and develop our staff so that they continue to provide a quality service.
- use the information gathered from our 'Are we getting it right?' complaints and suggestions scheme, and user surveys to help us improve services.
- publicise service standards for key areas of our activities and publicise our performance against them every six months.
- publicise our range of services, library regulations and opening hours and keep you informed of any changes in these.
We recognise that quality services can only be achieved in partnership with you, our users.
You can help us accomplish this by:
- taking good care of library materials, property and equipment.
- returning the materials you borrow on time.
- carrying your user card with you whenever you visit the Library and not lending it to anyone else.
- abiding by our food and drink policy.
- treating Library staff and fellow users with respect and courtesy.
- abiding by our noise policy including our silent and quiet areas.
- asking Library staff whenever you need assistance.
- looking after your personal property, keeping valuable items with you at all times.