Students studying in Brynmor Jones Library

Step-by-step guide to undergraduate study

Follow this step-by-step guide for everything you need to know about applying for an undergraduate degree at the University of Hull.


Research your course options

View our undergraduate degrees.

Visit your country page to find out more about country-specific entry requirements, funding and scholarships, visits and agents.

You can find out more about the University of Hull and our courses through our visits to your country, or speak to one of our authorised agents based in your country, or get in touch with us - we'd love to hear from you!


Apply for your course

You can apply through UCAS or see an agent in your country - they can help you with your application and submit it on your behalf.


Accept your offer

Provide any relevant documents to us to meet the conditions detailed in your offer, and pay your tuition fee deposit (if applicable - see your offer letter).

You will need your CAS for your visa application. We will send you your CAS via email at the earliest three months before your course start date.

The CAS will include details of tuition fees already paid or scholarships, so be sure to check it is correct. It will also include details of supporting documents to include in your visa application.

Apply for an ATAS certificate (if your need one - see your offer letter). The Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) is operated by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office. It requires international students who intend to come to the UK to study on certain science and technology postgraduate and undergraduate masters degrees to get approval through the scheme as part of the UK national security processes. Your offer letter will state if you need an ATAS certificate.


Apply for a visa

Check if you need a visa on the UK Government website.

We're here to help you with your application and supporting documents - see our step-by-step guide to applying for a visa and get in touch with our immigration team for support with your application.

Your agents in your country also support visa applications, even if you have not applied through them, and most often free of charge.


Apply for accommodation and pay tuition fees

Apply for accommodation - we have a range of accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets. Christmas and Easter stays are available at all of our accommodation.


Prepare for departure!

The exciting part - travelling to the UK!

Check out our pre-arrival guide for everything you need to do to travel to Hull. We can't wait to meet you!