HUBS Students on steps Derwent Exterior Landscape UNI_7286

Application Guide: Pre-sessional English language course

Follow this step-by-step guide for everything you need to know about applying for a pre-sessional English course at the University of Hull.

1. Research your pre-sessional course options

We offer a range of pre-sessional English language course options across different study levels. To see which course is right for you please visit our pre-sessional English course page.

You can find more about the University of Hull and our courses through our visits and events for your country. You can also join our online events and webinars or speak to one of our authorised agents based in your country, or get in touch with us – we’d love to hear from you!

2. Apply for your pre-sessional English course

Once you know which pre-sessional English language course is right for you check the course page to find out how to make your application.

3. Accept your offer

When you have received your offer, you need to accept it and pay your tuition fee as detailed in your offer letter.

If your pre-sessional English course is on campus you may need a visa. To apply for your visa you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). We will send you your CAS via email.

The CAS will include details of tuition fees already paid, so be sure to check it is correct. It will also include details of supporting documents to include in your visa application.

4. Apply for a visa

If your pre-sessional English course is on campus check current visa requirements on the UK Government website.

We’re here to help you with your application and supporting documents – see our visa and immigration pages for a step-by-step guide to applying for a visa and get in touch with our immigration team for support with your application.

Many agents also support visa applications, even if you have not applied through them, and most often free of charge. Find more about agents in your country.

5. Apply for on campus accommodation

Visit our accommodation pages for more details on applying for your pre-sessional student accommodation.

On-campus accommodation is single person only and there is no on-campus provision for families.

The University does not offer childcare.

Hull University Union have advice on student accommodation.

6. Pay pre-sessional tuition fees

Before beginning your pre-session course you need to have paid your tuition fees.

7. Prepare for departure!

The exciting part – travelling to the UK!

Check out our pre-arrival guide for everything you need to do to travel to Hull. We can’t wait to meet you!