African business and entrepreneurship
The relationship between risk and entrepreneurship
Start-ups and Venture Capital
New Market Entry
Market Opportunity assessment
Dr Malfense Fierro is interested in supervising Masters students, and hearing from potential PhD candidates that are desirous of doing novel research in his main areas of interest (Please see research interests section).
These include African large scale entrepreneurship and business, entrepreneurship in challenging environments, as well as entrepreneurship topics generally (in any country) and in developing contexts.
- Dr. Priscilla Otuo (as joint first supervisor)
- Dr. Abdullah F Al Mulhim (as second supervisor)
- Dr. Peter Djabang (as second supervisor)
Current PhD supervisions
- Mr Ze Qian, first supervisor (2014- )
- Ms. Gloria Marandu, first supervisor (2015- )
- Ms. Ontida Chanuban, first supervisor (2015- )
- Mr Mato Magobe, first supervisor (2016- )
- Mrs Evija Mumdzjana, first Supervisor (2018-)