TAP into your true potential
Looking to excel as an athlete? Our Talented Athlete Programme (TAP) can help you achieve your aspirations.
Each year we award TAP scholarships to selected high performing athletes.
As well as a cash award, you get a tailored package of support to suit you and your sport.
This can include advice and mentoring in sports science, strength and conditioning, physiotherapy, personal development, sports psychology, nutrition, and lifestyle support.
Hull → Beijing → Tokyo
Swimmer Holly Williams was awarded a TAP scholarship and went on to qualify for the Great Britain Olympic Games Trials for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games and the England Commonwealth Games Trials.
Holly, who studied for a BSc Applied Sport Science for Performance and MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology, qualified for three events at the Olympic trials: the 50m, 100m and 200m butterfly.
“Qualifying for the Olympic trials has been the highlight of my career so far.
“The rehabilitation has massively helped me with injuries. The strength and conditioning has made a lot of difference to my training, my sprinting ability and my overall strength and fitness.
“The TAP staff are always on hand if I have any problems or need to talk to them regarding my programme.”
What's in it for you?
If you're a successful applicant, you'll receive a bespoke award which will include:
- A tailored financial offer
- An all-inclusive fitness centre membership
- Priority scheduling of training times
- Bespoke professional strength and conditioning training plan
- Rehabilitation support and sports massage
- Lifestyle advice and mentor support
- Nutrition and hydration support
- One to one yoga and flexibility sessions
- Complementary TAP sportswear
- Personal development support and guidance.