What you'll study
The course consists of 120 credits per year. Most modules are 20 credits, meaning you’ll study six modules each year. Some longer modules, such as a dissertation, are worth more (e.g. 40 credits). In these cases, you’ll study fewer modules - but the number of credits will always add up to 120.
First year modules
Music composition and production, together with the skills associated with music and sound technology, are at the heart of this degree.
Alongside specialist modules in music creation, you’ll build skills in areas including
- studio and production techniques
- music for films and gaming
- working with collaborative networks
- adapting to the changing nature of the music industry
- research into specialist topics, including the history and roots of your practice
- managing substantial production projects with a final year showcase
We are still finalising this programme, check back soon for module information.
All modules are subject to availability and this list may change at any time.