Applying to Hull is quick and easy.
For most of our courses, you’ll apply online and directly to Hull. You can track your progress along the way and upload all the documents you need through our MyHull portal.
There are a few exceptions, though. Find out how to apply for our PGCE, MA Social Work or Hull York Medical School courses.
- If you’re new to Hull, you can apply via your chosen course webpage. This page also details the start date of the course. Most start in September, but some offer January and May starts.
- From there, you’ll need to set yourself up on our MyHull portal – just follow the instructions and email prompts. This is where you upload all your documents and submit your application.
- We’ll then assess your application. In some cases, you may need to join us for an interview or submit some work, e.g. a portfolio, as part of the process. This will be detailed on your chosen course page.
- We’ll let you know our decision. If you’ve yet to complete your undergraduate degree or are awaiting other results, we’ll usually make you a conditional offer. This means you have a place on your programme on the condition that you meet our entry requirements. If you have already met our entry requirements, we’ll make you an unconditional offer.
- Welcome to the University of Hull! At the beginning of term, join our university-wide welcome event, get to know the university and meet your peers.
To make life easier, we have a streamlined application process for final year students.
All you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth, address, student number and the name of the programme you wish to apply for and we will do the rest.
If there’s a Hull representative in your country, you may be able to apply through them. If not, contact our international office at email@example.com who are here to help.
Our team can give you advice about studying and living in Hull, along with visa and immigration queries. If you need a study visa to study in the UK, you’ll need to allow 3-4 weeks to complete this process.