I welcome applications in
- Financial reporting including, earnings management, earnings quality and accounting conservatism
- Corporate governance and ownership structure
- International financial reporting Standards
1. Badriya N Al Shammakhi, 2017, Enhancing Auditors Fraud Risk Assessment by Using Throughput Model as a Decision Aid, second supervisor (2017)
2. Sarra Baroudi, Auditor Selection of Negotiation Strategies: The Effect of Motivational Factors and Bargaining Power under a Throughput Model, second supervisor (2017)
3. Faisal Al Hudithi, Throughput Modelling In Participative Budgeting, second supervisor (2017).
4. Sinan Al-Shaikh, The obstacles to the application of the International Accounting Standards in Transitional Developing Countries the Case of Iraq, Second supervisor (2018).
5. Sandy Harianto, The Impact of Political Connections on Real Earnings Management, Agency Conflicts and Investment Inefficiency: Evidence from Indonesia (50% joint supervision) (2020)
6. Hussen Al-Refiay, Audit Committee chair characteristics and Earnings Management : Evidence from the UK (50% joint supervision) (2020).
7. Hassan Elgendi, Essays of the economic consequences of information asymmetry and accounting conservatism in the merger and acquistion market (50% joint supervision) (2020).
Current PhD supervisions
1. Muwaffaq Ayaad, CEOs' facial masculinity and the maturity structure of corporate debt