Skip to main content

The Legal Advice Centre

Our Legal Advice Centre is a student-run service which is supervised by qualified members of academic staff.

The Legal Advice Centre provides free, confidential and independent legal advice to the local community.

This gives Law School students the chance to gain practical experience of the legal profession.

The Centre is staffed by law students under the supervision of qualified staff.  All Student Advisers are final-year law students who have been professionally trained to help with a range of issues including:

  • Consumer issues
  • Criminal/civil disputes
  • Neighbour disputes
  • Housing
  • Employment
  • Family

Accepting appointments for
7 February - May 2023

New project launch - Hull Employee Advice Line - HEAL 

Are you an employee or worker having problems at work?  Have you lost your job or are you experiencing discrimination at work?  We are launching HEAL in December 2021 and can offer free telephone appointments with employment law solicitors. Please call 01482 466655 or email for further information and to book an appointment.

Housing Law Clinic

Do you have a housing issue or are you homeless, or about to be made homeless? We are now offering free monthly clinics with a housing lawyer who can discuss your options and see if you qualify for legal aid. For further information and to see if we can help, please complete the questionnaire here and email it back to us. Need help with the form? Please call 01482 466655 or email us

Making an appointment

To join our waiting list, please contact us by e-mailing or by calling +44 (0)1482 466655

Need a solicitor?

If you need a solicitor, you can find a local provider on the Law Society Find a Solicitor website. Or you can contact Citizens' Advice for general legal advice.





The centre is staffed by experienced Law School lecturer and lawyer Laura Milner.


The Legal Advice Centre has been nominated five years running for a LawWorks & Attorney General Pro Bono Student Award, and won 'Best Contribution by a Law School' in 2012.

Please note:

we are unable to offer advice on immigration, representation at court/tribunal, debt matters and disputes over children where social services are involved. We are also unable to give advice if you already have a solicitor acting for you.

Contact us

Ground floor, Nidd building
  • University of Hull
  • Hull, UK
  • HU6 7RX