Annual Learning and Teaching Conference: bookings now open!
Bookings for the University's Annual Learning and Teaching Conference - ‘Celebrating Learning Community: the transformative potential of partnership working in a time of uncertainty’.
Offered over three days - 29 June to 1 July - our free, fully online conference offers you:
- Relationships, communities, fractures, divisions: Navigating the barriers to partnership working, a keynote ‘in conversation with’ Brendan Stone, Professor of Social Engagement and the Humanities, University of Sheffield.
Aspirations for the transformation of higher education - such as the potential of genuine partnership working - need to take into account the factors which might constrain their realisation, factors which seem to be exacerbated by the current context. What inhibits genuine change? What gets in the way of effective partnership? In this conversation Brendan will consider the place and importance of collaboration and partnership for education and the academy while also considering how we might begin to dismantle barriers to change in the shadow of Covid-19.
- ‘It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it’- Student/Staff Partnerships in action, a keynote panel showcasing the work of the University’s Student Staff Partnership Scheme
A call to action - how partnership working can be embedded in your practice to enhance the experience of students and staff. Informed by the literature around students as partners and practice from other Higher Education Institutions the University of Hull Student/Staff Partnership Scheme was launched in 2019. This key note address will explore our journey and highlight lessons learnt before focussing on practical examples, tips and considerations to reinforce the notion that ‘one size does not fit all’.
- A closing plenary panel with Professor Becky Huxley-Binns, PVC Education and Professor Graham Scott, Teaching Excellence Academy, University of Hull and Debbie McVitty, WonkHE
- A showcase of ‘HE Partnerships in a Time of Crisis’ introduced by Kathy Wright, AdvanceHE
- A varied and inspiring collection of sessions from across the sector including workshops, discussion papers and Pecha Kuchas
- The opportunity to network with colleagues from the national learning community
- Opportunities for live questions and answers.
Full information on how to join in the conference will be sent to delegates in advance.
Sessions will present practical wisdom others can learn from and/or adopt, be scholarship of teaching and learning-led, and have been selected based on evident success or lessons learned from the initiative described.
Our conference theme couldn’t be more timely. Join us as we celebrate, promote and develop partnership working across the sector.
Book your place now!