Research interests span two core areas 1) gender, migration and intergenerational relationships. and 2) stakeholder relationships and cross-sectoral dialogue between the state, business and civil society.
These are unified by participatory action research methods, co-production and biography.
The area of stakeholder relationships has involved Joe in collaboration and open policy making processes with the Office for Civil Society, local authorities and Civil society organisations across the UK.
Her intergenerational relations in migration families research has involved comparative research with teams in France, South Africa, the UK and China.
I welcome PhD applications in the following areas:
- CSR and business/state/civil society relations.
- Gender and CSR
- Gender and migration
- Employee volunteering
- Social action
- Third sector sustainability
- Migration, settlement and belonging
- Intergenerational relationships and migration
- Dr Stanford Nartey, December 2014, CSR in Gold Mining
- Dr Taposh Roy, September 2015, CSR in MNCs in Bangladesh
- Dr Ellen Lewis, January 2016, System Approaches to Gender and Development
Current PhD supervisors
- Aviv Kruglanski, Wild Yeast Economies in Hull and Barcelona
- Asmahan Alsalma, Gender and Higher Education in Saudi Arabia