David welcomes applications for PhD research in:
- natural flood management
- geomorphic change detection using LiDAR
- geospatial analyses of river channel morphology and roughness
- sediment transport processes in gravel-bed rivers
-large wood in rivers
- siltation of salmonid spawning areas
- monitoring and modelling sediment pathways in river systems
Shona Thomson - "Landscape evolution modelling of dryland rivers"
Jason Stopps - ("Sediment sources and delivery to ecological sensitive instream sites, River Lugg, Herefordshire, UK"
Andrew Parker "Sediment sourcing in a catchment heaviliy influenced by histric metal mining: a case study from the South Tyne, UK"
Current PhD supervisions:
Josh Wolstenholme - "Influence of Natural Flood Management (NFM) on fluvial geomorphologic evolution"
Serena Teasdale- "Sticky Coasts: Characterising the role of biological cohesion in modulating erosion in coastal fringe environments"