Dr Guinn welcomes applications from students who want to study postgraduate research degrees (MSc by Research and PhD). My group is particularly interested in difficult to diagnose and/or treat diseases. To date this has included acute leukaemias, colon, ovarian and lung cancer, and endometriosis, and has led to the identification of biomarkers for survival, target for therapies and improved our understanding of the biological basis of disease.
For more information about possible PhD projects please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Current PhD students
Eithar Mohamed 2020 - Present. First supervisor.
Janos Kovacs 2019-Present. Second supervisor
Leah Cooksey 2018-Present. First supervisor.
Kelly Grayson 2017- Present. First supervisor.
Completed PhD students
- Holly Wilkinson (2019) Exploring the role of metals and senescence in cutaneous wound healing. University of Hull. Second supervisor.
- Sarah Edge (2019) Investigating the role of miRNA-187 and the downstream PI3K signalling pathway in modulating radiation sensitivity in oesophageal adenocarcinoma. University of Hull. Second supervisor.
- Fidelia Bature (2018) Patterns of signs and symptoms preceding Alzheimer’s Disease diagnosis: A cross sectional study. University of Bedfordshire. Second supervisor.
- Ghazala Khan (2016) Characterisation of the expression of biomarkers and tumour antigens in ovarian cancer and myeloid leukaemia. University of Bedfordshire. First supervisor.
- Emma Buick (2016) The loss of PI3K C2a is associated with a heightened immune response. University of Bedfordshire. Second supervisor.
- Nicola Hardwick (2008) Pre-clinical evaluation of immunotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemia with PASD1 peptide vaccination and autologous whole cell vaccines. King's College London. First supervisor.
- Adam T.C. Cheuk (2005) Immunogene therapy of murine and human acute myeloid leukaemia using costimulatory molecules: A comparison of the efficacy of B7-1, B7-2 and 4-1BBL. King's College London. First supervisor.
Current MSc by Research Students
Jodie Manton, First supervisor.
Sara Goodman, First supervisor.
Daiga Spore, Second supervisor.
Completed MSc by Research Students
- Chloe Warren (2020) Investigating the role of CBX2 in models of triple negative breast cancer. University of Hull. Second supervisor.
- Stephanie Jordaens (2019) Analysis of the expression of antigens in adult B-cell acute lymphocytic leukaemia. University of Hull and University of Antwerp. First supervisor.
- Leah Cooksey (2018) Identification of novel tumour antigens for the immunotherapy of B-cell acute lymphocytic leukaemia. University of Hull. First supervisor.
- Laurie Freire Boullosa (2017) Characterisation of the expression of novel antigens in adult B-acute lymphocytic leukaemia. University of Hull. First supervisor.
- Viktoriya Boncheva, MPhil (2015) The identification of tumour antigens recognised by patients with Dukes’ B reactive colorectal cancers. University of Bedfordshire. First supervisor.
- Hans Vergauwen (2011) Optimisation of the pMHC array for the identification of leukaemia-associated antigen-specific T cells in leukaemia patients. University of Southampton & University of Antwerp. First supervisor.
- Frances Denniss (2006) The protein expression of two leukaemia associated antigens in AML: PASD1 and SSX2IP and the potential as targets for immunotherapy. King’s College London. First supervisor.