HUBS Students on steps Derwent Exterior Landscape UNI_7286

Application Guide: Undergraduate

Follow this step-by-step guide for everything you need to know about applying for an undergraduate degree at the University of Hull.

1. Research your course options

View our undergraduate degrees.

Visit your country page to find out more about country-specific entry requirements, funding and scholarships, visits and agents.

You can also join our online events and webinars or speak to one of our authorised agents based in your country, or get in touch with us – we’d love to hear from you!

2. Apply for your course

Once you’ve chosen your course you can apply through UCAS or speak to an authorised agent in your country – they can help you with your application and submit it on your behalf.

When you have applied, check your application status on MyHull Portal.

3. Accept your offer

When you have received your offer, if this is conditional you need to provide any required documents via the MyHull portal and pay your tuition fee deposit, as detailed in your offer letter.

To apply for your visa you will need a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). We will send you your CAS via the MyHull portal at the earliest three months before your course start date.

The CAS will include details of tuition fees already paid or scholarships awarded, so be sure to check it is correct. It will also include details of supporting documents to include in your visa application.

Apply for an ATAS certificate (if you need one – see your offer letter). The Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) is operated by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office. It requires international students who intend to come to the UK to study on certain science and technology degrees to get approval through the scheme as part of the UK national security processes. Your offer letter will state if you need an ATAS certificate.

4. Apply for a visa

Check if you need a visa on the UK Government website.

We’re here to help you with your application and supporting documents – see our visa and immigration pages for a step-by-step guide to applying for a visa and get in touch with our immigration team for support with your application.

Many agents also support visa applications, even if you have not applied through them, and most often free of charge. Find more about agents in your country.

5. Apply for accommodation and pay tuition fees

We have a range of accommodation options to suit all tastes and budgets. Once you have decided, book your accommodation here.

On-campus accommodation is single person only and there is no on-campus provision for families.

The University does not offer childcare.

Hull University Union have advice on student accommodation.

Visit our undergraduate fees and finance page to learn more about how and when to pay your fees.

6. Prepare for departure!

The exciting part – travelling to the UK!

Check out our pre-arrival guide for everything you need to do to travel to Hull. We can’t wait to meet you!