Struggling to make ends meet? Or just want to budget better? Talk to us today. We won’t meddle, we won’t pry, we won’t preach. But we will do everything we can to help.
Our financial support team can give you expert advice to help you get back on your feet. If you need a financial boost, you may be eligible for our funds, grants or bursaries. And for a quick and easy way to help manage your money, try our budget calculator.
Hardship Support Fund
If you're struggling to make ends meet, the Hardship Support Fund may be able to help. The fund is available to UK students who have already applied for all statutory funding available to you (such as student maintenance loans, tax credits and benefits). To find out more, see the FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our top 10 quick and easy budgeting tips
- Shop around for a student bank account. Look for ones that are 0% on overdrafts.
- Try our budget calculator.
- Ask yourself: Do I need it? Is it cheaper somewhere else? Will I really use it?
- Be thrifty. Don’t buy new books – borrow or buy second hand.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle and fill up from the water fountains around campus.
- Learn to cook some basic cheap meals.
- Make a packed lunch every day instead of buying expensive lunches and meal deals.
- Don’t commit to anything long term when you first get to university, like gym memberships and mobile phone contracts.
- Shop around for the best deals on everything you buy.
- Start looking for part-time work before starting university.