When do I move in?
The big question! Most contracts begin in late September and we'll drop you an email nearer the time with your precise arrival date.
What do I need to bring?
Travel light: you can always pick up other things that you need later. Bring some home comforts and everything from this list.
- Important paperwork – passport, driving licence, letters from the University and the Student Loan Company, bank details, NHS card
- Bedding – duvet and cover, pillows and pillowcases, mattress protector.
- Clothing – be selective, remember that you'll still be here in the winter, and don't forget the hangers!
- Plates, glasses, mugs and cutlery – even in catered halls, you'll need something to eat a takeaway with!
- Laptop – plus charger and extension cables
- Books and stationery
- Medicines – make sure you're stocked up with any prescribed medication, and don't forget paracetamol and cold remedies
- Toiletries – you can buy most of these when you arrive, so ditch the heavy bottles and only pack the essentials
For self-catering accommodation, bring pans, utensils and anything else that you need to whip up a good meal. We'll provide you with cooking facilities (cooker, microwave), and fridge and freezer space.
What do I need to do?
There are a few things worth doing before you arrive. Ticking these off the list early will give you time to concentrate on the more exciting things that Welcome Fest has in store.