Graduate Research Director, School of Life Sciences/ ESRC White Rose DTP Deputy Director, Wellbeing, Health & Communities.
Dr Igor Schindler joined the University of Hull in 2005, having previously worked as senior research associate at the University of Durham and as post-doctoral researcher at INSERM U371 ‘Cerveau et Vision' in Bron, France.
Before he was awarded a PhD at the University of Hamburg in 2001, he worked as a clinical neuropsychologist in the Clinical Neuropsychology Research Group (EKN) in Munich, Germany.
His main research interests focus on multisensory brain processes supporting our interactions with the environment. For this research, he uses behavioural and brain stimulation techniques (e.g. TMS, tDCS).
Subliminal galvanic-vestibular stimulation influences ego- and object-centred components of visual neglect
Oppenländer, K., Keller, I., Karbach, J., Schindler, I., Kerkhoff, G., & Reinhart, S. (2015). Subliminal galvanic-vestibular stimulation influences ego- and object-centred components of visual neglect. Neuropsychologia, 74, 170-177. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2014.10.039
Differential roles of polar orbital prefrontal cortex and parietal lobes in logical reasoning with neutral and negative emotional content
Eimontaite, I., Goel, V., Raymont, V., Krueger, F., Schindler, I., & Grafman, J. (2018). Differential roles of polar orbital prefrontal cortex and parietal lobes in logical reasoning with neutral and negative emotional content. Neuropsychologia, 119, 320-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropsychologia.2018.05.014
White Rose Social Sciences Doctoral Training Partnership
ESRC Economic & Social Research Council
1 October 2017
- Olivia Jones, The functional anatomy of acute and chronic itch
- Iveta Eimontaite, Anatomical and behavioural correlates of emotion- induced social decision making
- Lina Aimola, Cognitive and anatomical correlates of neglect in near and far space
- Gaston Madrid, Visual attention and word recognition
- Nichola Rice-Cohen, The neural correlates of visual consciousness
- Wanying Zhao, Neural correlates of gesture processing (2013-2017)
- Lee Parkin, Anatomical and gender differences in near and far space processing (since 2017)
- Zoe Petmezas-Walker, Psoriasis, chronic itch and cortical hyperexcitability: A brain stimulation approach (since 2017)
- Alexandra Foulds, Action anticipation in children and adolescents with and without autism (since 2017)