New International Arrival Student Tour

Study abroad

Experience life as an overseas student at the University of Hull. Study for one semester or a full year with us and make friends and memories that last a lifetime. What are you waiting for?


You can study at Hull for a semester or a year as part of one of the following programmes.

  • Erasmus+ – for EU students whose university is a partner of the Erasmus scheme.
  • Exchange – for non-EU students studying at a university that has an exchange agreement with us.
  • Study-abroad (fee-paying) – for students at a university that is not a partner of the Erasmus scheme and does not have an exchange agreement with the University of Hull.

With the support of

Erasmus +


Entry requirements

Academic requirements

You will need to be a current student in good academic standing at your university, and have completed at least one year of your course. We assess each application individually, so get in touch!

English language requirements

  • If you are an EU student you will need to provide a letter from your study abroad / exchange / Erasmus+ coordinator or an academic member of staff from your home University stating that your level of English is a minimum of B2.
  • If you are a non-EU national and your first language is not English you will need to provide evidence of your English proficiency. See examples of accepted tests.

What do I need to do?

It's really easy to apply to come to Hull. Ticking these off the list early will give you time to concentrate on the more exciting things that Hull has in store!

Choose your modules

Whatever your subjects of interest, we will have modules to inspire you!

See our guide to choosing modules.

Tuition fees

There are no additional tuition fees for exchange and Erasmus students. You are responsible for accommodation and living costs – see our cost of living guide.

If you are a fee-paying student, see our tuition fees.


We'll email you details about how to apply in your course confirmation. If demand exceeds supply, we will direct you to alternative accommodation in the private sector.

How to apply

Find out everything you need to know about applying to Hull as an exchange, Erasmus or study abroad student.

Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch


Study Abroad Team

Student Central