Clearing Visit Days
Clearing Visit Days, which are taking place every day from 16-23 August, will provide applicants with the chance to explore the University campus, meet staff and students and ask any questions they may have.
For those travelling more than 20 miles a travel grant is available (to UK residents), making it as easy as possible to come visit. Book here.
For those that can’t attend, a virtual tour is available at www.hull.ac.uk/clearing
Check out our scholarships and our insider’s guide to Clearing, below:
The truth about Clearing
Clearing is an opportunity. It’s how you get a place at uni if you don’t have one already – for whatever reason that might be.
It’s full of options. If you do better or worse in your exams, it gives you the choiceto apply or upgrade.
It’s the freedom to change your mind. To switch to a course – and a place – that’s really right for you.
6 tips for results day
Before the day:
Make a list of other options and Clearing numbers – ours is 01482 466100.
- Charge phones
- Research scholarships. Ours include £2,000 for 120 UCAS points from three A levels (e.g. BBB).*
On the day:
4. Stay calm, don’t hesitate, just call. Our Clearing hotline opens at 7 am. Or contact us via live chat.
5. Have a list of other achievements ready. At Hull, we don’t just consider grades – we look at your whole application, including volunteering and work experience.
6. Book a visit to help you get a feel for the university. We’re open every day – including weekends – from 16-23 August. Visit hull.ac.uk/clearing or call 01482 466100 to book. Or just drop in – you’ll be sure of a warm welcome.
Don’t worry if your grades aren’t what you hoped for. Behind every achievement are countless bumps and near misses – this is just one of those. You will bounce back. You will get to where you want to be. And it starts with Clearing.
* Or equivalent qualifications. Excludes General Studies. Must be an English or EU student.