If you have received a First-class Honours degree or a 2:1 Honours degree and a Masters (or the international equivalents) in Engineering, Geology, Geography, Oceanography or a related area, we would like to hear from you. Experience in handling large datasets and knowledge of statistics, scientific programming and/or climate models would be desirable.
If your first language is not English, or you require Tier 4 student visa to study, you will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency level that meets the requirements of the Aura CDT’s academic partners. This course requires academic IELTS 7.0 overall, with no less than 6.0 in each skill.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance or questions.
How to Apply
Please apply online which enables you to track the progress of your application and upload supporting documents.
The online form can be accessed here. You will need to create a University of Hull MyAdmin account in order to make your application.
All applicants choose Aura CDT from the ‘Programme Type’ drop-down box.
Applicants for Industry Partner Scholarships should also choose the appropriate research project title from the ‘Scholarship’ drop down box.
With your application, you need to upload copies of the following supporting evidence:
- complete transcripts (and final degree certificate(s) where possible). If your qualification documents are not in English, you will need to supply copies of your original language documents as well as their official translation into English.
- current Curriculum Vitae.
- personal statement (please see guidance below on what you need to include in your statement).
Guidance on completing your personal statement
Your personal statement should be around 2 pages long. In your statement you should highlight:
- your interest in the Aura CDT and the research proposal and how it fits with your career aspirations
- how your previous study links with the Aura CDT and the research proposal
- why you have an interest in offshore wind and the environment, particularly if your background is in an academic discipline not included in the list above
- relevant work experience or other experience relevant to the Aura CDT
- anything else you would like to tell us about yourself that makes you a great candidate.
Please also describe:
- any relevant research experience (such as a project completed during a previous degree)
- any academic work you have published or which is awaiting publication including venue/s
- why you believe you are the best candidate to study with the Aura CDT.
International students must tell us about all prior UK study (whether completed/passed or not, including any short courses).