Dr Guney welcomes applications in the fields of corporate finance and corporate governance. See the 'areas of focus' section for details of his research expertise.
• Ahmed, H. Corporate hedging, firm risk, value, and performance: evidence from UK firms.
• Alhassan, A. Three essays on the evaluation of renewable energy investments and support policies.
• Al Ismaili, A. Risk exposure and performance in the banking sector: a comparative investigation of Islamic, hybrid, and conventional banks.
• Attah-Boakye, R. An empirical analysis of top management team strategic cognition, managerial attributes, audit committee effectiveness and their implications for corporate risk and performance.
• Cai, H. Three essays on determinants of FDI, MNCs’ innovation, and ownership performance: evidence from a panel study of EU firms investment in China.
• Coldbeck, B. The impact of capital market imperfections on capital and R&D investment and financial decisions.
• Dao, T.N. An investigation of cash holdings, debt maturity, and corporate performance considering managerial overconfidence: evidence from listed Vietnamese firms.
• Ebrahimi, T. Essays on determinants and implications of extreme financing policies.
• Hernandez-Perdomo, E. Three essays in corporate governance and corporate finance.
• Iqbal-Hussain, H. Market timing and capital structure of UK firms.
• Komba, G. Essays on market efficiency, investor behaviour and corporate governance in African frontier markets.
• Kumpamool, C. Equity and debt market timing, cost of capital and value and performance: evidence from listed firms in Thailand.
• Liu, C. Effects of asset securitization on originators in the UK.
• Moin, A. Corporate payout policy and cost of capital: evidence from Indonesian firms.
• Tahir, S. Crude oil price volatility and its impact on export dependent economies.
• Xu, T. An empirical analysis of IPO and SEOs: evidence from the Chinese stock markets.