Having moved to a part-time research contract, Jane's research capacity is currently full.
- Xiaosen Zhang. Diatom-based reconstruction of multi-timescale climate and environmental change from Lakes Dojran and Ohrid in the northeastern Mediterranean region (2015). Hull CSC scholar.
- Aleksandra Cvetkoska, Diatoms as Palaeoclimate Indicators in Lake Prespa (Macedonia/Greece), external supervisor for University of Skopje, Macedonia (2014)
- Kevin Woodbridge, Geomorphology and Palaeoenvironments of SE Iran, comm. member (2014)
- Zuze Dulanya, Water Quality Impacts on Shallow-Water Fisheries of Malawi, British Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship for one year's PhD study (2013)
- Simon Kitcher, Palynological Investigation of the White Peak, Derbyshire, comm. member (2013)
- Tim Jones, Holocene Lake-Level Change in Lake Ioannina, NW Greece, NERC, external supervisor for University of Leeds (2010)
Current PhD supervisions
- Robyn Seymour-Jones, Diatom-Climate Response Thresholds in Contrasting Lake Systems, Institute of Energy and Environment, Hull (2017- )
- Slavica Tofilovska, Skopje, Macedonia, MRes, Diatom-Palaeoclimate Reconstruction during MIS11 in Lake Ohrid, Macedonia / Albania (2015- )
- Qian Zho, A GIS and Field-Based Study of Fluorosis in NW China, CSC China, committee member (2014- )
- Hannah Vossel, Late Quaternary Diatom-Based Palaeoenvironmental Reconstruction in Lake Kinneret, Israel, external supervisor for University of Bonn, Germany (2013- )