- PhD (University of Essex)
Caroline is a child and family social worker who spent more than a decade in local authorities where she specialised in child protection, looked after children, fostering and adoption.
She then developed a career in research, with a particular focus upon ethnographic studies of civil rights movements and professional education.
Caroline is now primarily an educator for social work students and local authority practitioners, and she is keen to incorporate cultural awareness, mindfulness and compassion into professional practice.
Dr Humphrey welcomes applications in
- Child and family social work
- Professional education and ethics
- Religion and spirituality in the caring professions
- Cooper, K. (2012) Kinship Carer's Own Children: Revealing Multiple Perspectives on Children's Experience of Kinship Care Arrangements, University of Hull
- Kahn, S, K. (2013) A Case study of Death and Bereavement arising from Political Violence in Nepal, University of Hull
Current PhD supervisions
- Childhood neglect in the UK
- Child abuse and child protection in West Africa
- A case study of an innovative Christian community