Dr Anderson welcomes applications in the areas of autobiographical memory and / or prospective cognition. In particular, she is interested in
- the cognitive processes underlying memory / future thinking, their similarities and differences
- the functional purpose of memory / future thinking, such as their relationship with a sense of self, psychological well-being / distress, and in guiding future goal-oriented behaviour and problem-solving behaviours
- the relationship between memory / future thinking impairments and psychological distress
- the role of memory / future thinking impairments in chronic health conditions, such as Parkinson's disease
- the potential use of memory / future thinking as a tool for promoting psychological / physical well-being and / or alleviating distress
Completed PhD Supervisions
- Jennifer Boland (2018 ) - The effect of positive episodic simulation on future event predictions in non-depressed, Ddysphoric, and depressed individuals.
- Lydia Grace (2018) - Autobiographical memory and the self in dysphoria.
David Howe ( 2018) Implicit and explicit attitudinal consequences of false autobiographical memories and beliefs (2nd Supervisor).