Matthew Barnard is a composer and researcher primarily focused upon electronic music, including electronica, acousmatic and soundscape idioms.
The field of spatial representation in sound, particularly ambisonics and the binaural method, are also of interest.
Teaching and research areas include electronic music composition and production, radio production, field recording, sound design, recording techniques and mixing and mastering praxis.
- Woche (with apologies to Ruttmann and Brock) - Sound + Environment 2017 Conference, University of Hull, 30 June 2017
- The Piano Makers - Music of Today (DXARTS), Meany Theater, Seattle WA, 15 November 2013
- Closely Observed Trains - Royal Music Association Annual Conference 2008, Aberdeen, 15-18 July 2008
- Ambisonic array design and decoder implementation: Trent Falls to Spurn Point, Chris Watson, UoH/City of Culture 2017, 23 June - 15 July 2017
- Closely Observed Trains - URBANsoundWORKS as part of Fabbrica Europa 08 - City mix + Radio Papesse, Siena, 3-30 May 2008