Dr Head joined the School of Drama, Music and Screen in August 2013 - after 13 years at the University's Scarborough campus (School of Arts and New Media) teaching on theatre and performance programmes and operating as programme leader for various courses.
Prior to this, after a period running a small-scale theatre company, he worked for seven years as a lecturer in Theatre Studies at the University College Scarborough.
- June 2011: Footfalls by Samuel Beckett (director), Sibiu International Theatre Festival, Sibiu, Romania.
- April 2008: PAT Testing (Including Not I [director] and Ohio Impromptu [performer]), University of Hull Scarborough campus.
- October 2003: Krapp's Last Tape by Samuel Beckett (director), Lawrence Batley Theatre, Huddersfield.
- May 2003: Krapp's Last Tape by Samuel Beckett (director), Stephen Joseph Theatre, Scarborough.
- May 2001: Ohio Impromptu (performer); Not I (director), Sibiu International Theatre Festival, Sibiu, Romania.
- July 2000: Ohio Impromptu (performer); Not I (director), 3rd Jerusalem Theatre Festival, Jerusalem.
- February 1996: Ego In Arcadia by Howard Barker- University of Huddersfield production and UK premiere (acting role).
Conference presentations and public seminars
- April 2015: conference paper, 'Beckett's Implied Actor: debts, legacies and a contemporary performance culture', Staging Beckett and Contemporary Theatre and Performance Cultures conference, University of Reading (UK).
- March 2013: 'Between the historical avant-garde and postmodernity: music, abstraction and the contemporary actor in Samuel Beckett's later dramas', public lecture hosted by the Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj (Romania).
- December 2012: seminar paper, 'Crashing through Barriers: Acting, Contemporary Performance and a ‘Theatre Of Doing' in Samuel Beckett's Later Dramas', Drama public research seminar series, Gulbenkian Centre, University of Hull (UK).
- May 2012: 20 minute presentation, 'Out of the frying pan, into the fire: the incubation of practice-based research projects in undergraduate teaching environments', Critical Impact: Education and the Human Condition learning and teaching symposium, University of Hull (UK).
- June 2003: 20 minute panel paper, 'I wouldn't want them back: Issues of process and technology in a recent production of Krapp's Last Tape', Page and Stage: 50 years of performing Beckett conference, University of Leeds (UK).
- January 2003: 20 minute panel paper - ibid - After Beckett'D'Apres Beckett symposium, University of Western Sydney, Sydney (Australia).