Alastair welcomes applications for MSc by research and PhD studies in wildlife management and conservation, mammal ecology, aeroecology and wildlife disease ecology. For funded opportunities, follow this link.
- Petrovan, S. (2012) The landscape ecology of brown hares and European rabbits in pastures in the north east of England, University of Hull
- Palmer, G. (2014) Deer in Britain: population spread and the implications for biodiversity, Whitehead Trust
- Lush, L. (2015) Functional ecology of the interactions between wild and domestic herbivores, University of Hull
- O'Neill, H. (2016) Deer, biodiversity management and ecotourism in the Hebrides: conflict or mutual benefit?, NERC and Fera
Current PhD supervisions
- Matos, C., Pond-breeding amphibians and connectivity through tunnels: maintaining Triturus cristatus movements using road mitigation, Natural England and University of Hull
- Logan, T., Ecology and management of deer on Thorne Moors, Self-funded MSc by research