Unlike the undergraduate Tuition Fee Loan the Postgraduate Loan is paid directly into the student's bank account, so if you're planning to fund your studies using the Postgraduate Loan you'll need to arrange to pay your tuition fees directly with the University.
Postgraduate students can pay their fees using any of the other methods detailed on this page, or via Direct Debit on dates which follow the instalments of the Postgraduate Loan. The Postgraduate Loan will be paid into your bank account as follows:
- 33% shortly after your course start date (once the University confirms your enrolment to the Student Loans Company)
- 33% on the last Wednesday of the 4th month of your course
- 34% on the last Wednesday of the 7th month of your course
If you opt to pay your tuition fees to the University via Direct Debit matching these instalments, one third of your annual tuition fee will be due on each of the following dates:
- exactly one month following your enrolment at the University
- the last working day of the 4th month
- the last working day of the 7th month
Important information for all students paying by Direct Debit
Applications have to be submitted online. Please note instalments can only be collected by Direct Debit under the University's approved scheme.
To be eligible to pay by instalments, you must have a UK bank account that accepts Direct Debits. If you are in any doubt please contact your Bank or Building Society.
Notifying you of collection dates and amounts
The account holder will receive an Advance Notification advising of the collection dates and amounts. If for any reason these dates or amounts are altered, you will receive a revised Advance Notification at least five working days prior to collection.
If your Direct Debit is cancelled, any overdue payments will be payable immediately.