Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country, and intend to return there for a minimum of 2 years after your Chevening Award has ended
- Hold an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have completed at least two years' work experience before applying. This can include voluntary work and paid or unpaid internships;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2013) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
To apply for the Chevening Award please follow this external link to the Chevening apply page.
Applications for 2018/2019 scholarships are now closed. Applications for 2019/2020 will reopen in August 2018.