Page updated: 27 March 2020
Service availability while services in the Library building are suspended
As part of the University's response to coronavirus, the Brynmor Jones Library building has suspended walk-in access for the foreseeable future.
We will update this page when we have more information.
All online services available through the library website remain available, and we are working to make as much as possible available online in these unusual circumstances.
The links below provide shortcuts and updates on how to access various services. If you have any queries about availability or are having difficulty accessing any of the services or resources, please raise this through support.hull.ac.uk, the library help page, or ask via library chat, all of which continue to be monitored daily.
Access to resources online
- You can access e-books and e-journals via the library catalogue
- You can search for online journal articles using Summon
- Links to electronic resources for your modules are available through your module reading lists (or click on Reading List within the module site on Canvas)
- Subject guides and our A-Z of eResources can be found on our electronic resources page
- Electronic theses can be accessed via Hydra and EThOS
- If you can't find what you need, try the can't find it page
Access to print collections
At this time we have suspended access to our print collections. If we do not have an electronic version of the material you require, please use our Suggest a Purchase form to request this.
Skills and study support
- The Library can continue to add items to reading lists and we ask that staff continue to update their own reading lists. Acquisition of materials will prioritise online resources, where available, to maximise availability to students.
- Queries about managing access to resources through reading lists can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research outputs support