About Specific Learning Difference (SpLD)
There are a number of different Specific Learning Differences – Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Attention Deficit, Asperger’s Syndrome, Specific Language Difficulty and Dyscalculia.
If you are registered and you believe you may have an SpLD, you can access our Free Online Screening Tool to assess for Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Visual Stress. If you think you might have ADD & ADHD, make an appointment by calling 01482 462222.
You are welcome to attend the regular group workshops on ‘Understanding your SpLD’ once you’ve registered.
What SUPPORT DO WE PROVIDE?
Students with SpLDs can receive the following:
- Designated tutor aligned to your course
- Specialist 1:1 tutorials
- Comprehensive programme of group workshops
- Exam Access Arrangements
- A designated online resource bank
- Reasonable adjustments for your assessed work
- Assistive technology on all networked PCs
Student Services can also provide equipment to loan, such as Dictaphones and Laptops.
Resources are available on Canvas.