Need help?

Supporting you.

People access the Health and Wellbeing service for a variety of reasons.

Whether you're feeling stressed about your studies or struggling in your home life, we're here to help.

There's no 'right' or 'wrong' reason to access the Health and Wellbeing Service. And if we can’t help, we'll always try to point you in the right direction.

If you need it, we can help with DSA applications and liaise with academic departments to make any reasonable adjustments for you to achieve success in your studies.

If you need support, you can answer a few quick questions online to get the process started.

Get in touch

Worried about a student?

If you're worried about another student, it's always best to talk to them and encourage them to get in touch with us, if you can. You can even come along and support them at their appointment, if they'd like you to.

If you're still worried, you can raise a welfare concern here. Without a student’s consent, the action we can take might be limited, but we still encourage you to report your concerns. Whether they are aware, we'll still do our best to support you both.

If you are concerned about another student's immediate safety, you should call 999 or the Mental Health Response Service on 01482 301701 (24hrs).


Parent or carer?

The transition to university can be a difficult time for parents and carers.

We understand that when your son or daughter leaves home for University, you are entrusting them to our care and so their wellbeing is our priority.

We are legally bound to treat our students as adults, which means we have to respect their confidentiality and may not always be able to share information with you.

That said, if you have any concerns about the wellbeing of your son or daughter, please get in touch either by telephoning 01482 462222 or online  and we’ll do our utmost to help.


Any information disclosed will be handled sensitively and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.