Student Complaints

At the University of Hull we make every effort to ensure that all our students have a positive experience during their time here. We value the views of our students and welcome constructive feedback as this helps us improve.

 There are a number of ways feedback can be given including through your personal/research supervisor, module evaluation questionnaires, focus groups or staff/student committees.

We recognise that sometimes things can go wrong and when they do we want to address your concerns as soon as possible. There are a number of informal channels you can use to resolve your problems and we encourage you to raise your concerns informally wherever possible.

A good starting point would be to approach one of the following;

  • Personal Supervisor
  • Academic Support Tutor
  • Director of Student Experience
  • Staff from relevant service area (for matters not relating to your programme of study)
  • Student Hub

If you are unsure who these people are please visit your Faculty Student Hub.

You can also visit the AskHU helpdesk which is on the 2nd Floor of University House. You can email them at or telephone  01482 462222. Visit the  Central Hub website for more information were you will also find an online chat service open Monday – Friday.

If you need independent support or guidance you can visit the Hull University Union Advice Centre (Email: or telephone:  01482 466263). Visit the  Hull University Union website for more information.

Formal Complaints

If you feel unhappy with the advice you have received or feel your issues have not been dealt with to your satisfaction you can refer your complaint in writing to the Faculty Dean or Head of Service Area through the Formal Complaints Process. For a more detailed information on the procedure and to submit a complaint  click here.