graduation certifcate2

Your Certificate

Proof that you stayed the course.

If you are attending the ceremony, you will normally be presented with your certificate on the day.

If you cannot attend the ceremony, your certificate will be posted to your last registered home address. If you wish to have it posted to a different address please email Certificates are posted within the UK by 2nd class mail and to the EU and overseas by Air Mail.

DHL courier delivery can be arranged to an overseas address (excluding UK addresses) by visiting the online order and payment portal.  Please check that DHL deliver to your country before purchasing. 

If you are unable to attend your graduation ceremony let us know where to post your certificate as soon as possible. If we do not hear from you, your certificate will be posted to your last registered home address in early February.

Replacement Certificates

Where you have lost or damaged your original degree certificate, you can request for a replacement online for £35.  Replacement certificates carry the words 'Certified True Copy' and replace your original certificate. 

Authenticated Copies of Certificates

If you are still in possession of your original certificate and require authenticated copies (e.g. to send off with applications for employment or further study) you will also need to send a copy (photocopy or scan) of your original certificate (if requested after graduation) with your application.  This should be good quality and clearly readable. If you require copies for more than one certificate authenticating (e.g. for an undergraduate and a postgraduate award) please complete a separate online order for each and provide a copy of each certificate.

Currently unavailable.  

Hull York Medical School

If you are a graduate of Hull York Medical School and require a replacement award certificate please order through the University of York online store.

Employer and Embassy Verifications

If an employer or embassy would like to verify that your certificate is genuine, we request that they use the UK Higher Education Degree Datacheck official service for candidate verification and university authentication. 


Where you are a current undergraduate or taught postgraduate student and you require evidence of your modules studied and grades attained, you can request a transcript in person or online.  


  • Current and recent students (up to 12 months after graduation) – free of charge
  • All other transcripts - £10