Security Advice For Students and Families
Please ensure you arrive in good time as increased security / bag searches will be in operation.
Only food and drink purchased at the venue is permitted with the exception of sealed bottles of 500 ml water. Sealed bottles of lucozade for visitors who are diabetic will be permitted. Drinking water will be available on site. Bottled water, soft drinks and confectionery will be available to purchase on site from the Crush Bar (kiosk at the entrance to the City Hall).
Please do not bring laptops, tablets, iPads, professional cameras and any large technology onto site. Mobile phones will be permitted.
Please do not bring large rucksacks or bags into the venue.
You may not be permitted to re-enter the building if you leave during the ceremony. Please keep your tickets with you at all times in case asked to show your ticket by a member of staff.
Non ticket holders will not be permitted in the venue for the ceremonies.
We request that everyone makes their way out of the venue as quickly as possible after the ceremony to avoid congestion in the building and foyer.
Certain items are prohibited – please see attached list.
Customer safety is our priority and we thank you for your cooperation.
Prohibited Items include
- Backpacks, holdalls, luggage, oversized bags and cushions
- Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including any liquid products which can be consumed
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras and professional cameras
- Laptop computers, iPads and GoPros
- Large/golf umbrellas
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
- Projectiles (frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace pepper spray etc) – mini aerosol deodorants may be permitted.
- Fireworks, confetti or glitter bombs or sprays
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
- Food (and drinks not purchased on the premises other than 500 ml of water and those required for any specific medical requirements)
- Masks and helmets
- Large studs and chains
- Anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others – this will be at the discretion of the security staff on duty.