Aura is an exciting collaborative initiative, led by the University of Hull with partners from industry, other universities, as well as local, regional and national government. It brings together multidisciplinary excellence, knowledge and innovation for the offshore wind industry to ensure that the UK retains its position as a word-leading in offshore wind as well. Aura is a catalyst for collaboration between key stakeholders from the Energy Estuary region, nationally and globally.
Aura’s mission is to;
- Create a world-leading multidisciplinary offshore wind skills, research and innovation hub, located in the Humber, at the heart of the UK’s Energy Estuary.
- Identify and break down technical, operational and economic barriers to reduce the cost of offshore wind energy throughout the supply chain.
- Engage with industry, academia and research institutions, national and local government, and NGOs.
Collaboration is the cornerstone of Aura. To deliver the vision, the University of Hull and our partners are focusing on three key areas to help establish a truly vibrant offshore wind industry based in the Humber region with global reach and influence.
- Creating a talent pipeline – the success of Aura will be people-driven. By developing the talent, skills and expertise needed by the offshore wind sector, we will contribute to creating a vibrant, mature and sustainable offshore wind industry.
- Engagement with Industry – we will engage extensively with industry, building and growing existing relationships to support economic growth through the essential development of a strong supply chain.
- Research development and innovation - through our coalition of partners, we will harness expertise and excellence to seek solutions to technical, operational and economic challenges in offshore wind.
The University of Hull has 15 years of offshore wind experience across a range of research areas and is committed to supporting and shaping the industry into the future, through Aura.
Current areas of Aura research include; Human factors in Operations & Maintenance, next generation blades, whole life supply chain modelling and aquaculture.
You can find out more by visiting Aura’s website.