Who we are
The Engineering Innovation Institute (EII) is a grouping of technology solutions providers based on the Newlands Science Park at the University of Hull.
We are fully integrated with the Department of Engineering and work closely with other disciplines at the University.
The EII comprises of several functional units:
Design Enterprise Centre DEC
Additionally, we co-ordinate contract research and development business for the Department of Engineering itself, drawing on a very wide range of academic/industrial expertise.
Our services include:
- Degree programmes at Foundation and Bachelors level.
- Professional development short courses
- Product Design and Development
- Prototype manufacture and pre-production runs.
- Medical Engineering consultancy (MediCET).
- Product evaluation and materials testing.
- Design analysis and optimisation.
The EII works in conjunction with the University's Knowledge Exchange in delivery of technology transfer services.