The University of Hull is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all, giving every individual the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination. To make the most of our talent, we need our staff and students to reach their full potential, working effectively with all our teams on campus and partners in delivering a first-rate equality, diversity and inclusion service for all of our people.
We will use our diverse backgrounds to enhance professional knowledge, bring challenge and new perspectives to what we do on campus. This will help us build capability and support to our students and staff. Organisations that embrace equality, diversity and inclusion deliver better results, more motivated staff, increased recognition from its partner organisations and greater innovation.
Everyone has a role to play in embedding equality, diversity and inclusion, whether at work, learning, research and teaching. We are building a community that is free from discrimination and unfair treatment. This means the University of Hull is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations between people with different characteristics - age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We do this by:
- Treating all staff and students fairly
- Creating an inclusive culture for all staff and students
- Ensuring equal access to opportunities to enable students to fully participate in the learning process
- Enabling all staff and students to develop to their full potential
- Equipping staff and students with the skills to challenge inequality and discrimination in their work and study environment
- Making certain that any learning materials do not discriminate against any individuals or groups
- Ensuring policies, procedures and processes do not discriminate