Staff House is situated on the main university campus and offers a spacious and luxurious venue for all types of business functions and family celebrations throughout the year.
We have a choice of tastefully decorated function rooms, each creating the perfect setting for your event:
- The Lindsey Suite seats a maximum of 220 guests with a dividing wall which allows each half of the room to operate independently. The Lindsey Suite is equipped with a stage, lighting rig, dance floor and a separate bar area making the room ideal for conferences, dinners and events with entertainment.
- The Myton Suite has a private bar, dance floor and small stage. Catering for up to 240 guests, the room is ideally suited for wedding receptions, dinner dances and party nights.
- The Tranby Room caters for up to 60 guests and is an ideal venue for small seminars, dinners, civil ceremonies and wedding receptions along with other family gatherings.
- The Wyke Bar adjoins both the Tranby and Meaux rooms which can be used as a private bar or alternatively as a link from the Myton suite to create a larger more flexible area.
- Conference Rooms 1, 2, 3 & 4 are located on the first floor of Staff House. Equipped to facilitate conferences, seminars, presentations and exhibitions, these rooms can accommodate between 40 and 150 delegates dependant on your preferred room layout.
- Meeting Rooms 2, 3 and 4 are located on the first floor and can be used as small meeting rooms, interview rooms or as a break out area whilst using the main conference rooms.
Maximum room capacities for meetings/conferences at Staff House
| Ground||Lindsey 1 & 2|| 240|| 114|| N/A|| N/A||140|
| Ground||Lindsey 1||120|| 48|| 40|| 30||50|
|Ground||Lindsey 2|| 120|| 48|| 40|| 30|| 50|
|Ground||Tranby|| 70|| 30|| 25|| 22|| 20|
| First||Conference Room 1|| 150|| 60|| 40|| 46|| 50|
| First||Conference Room 2|| 100|| 50|| 40|| 42|| 40|
| First||Conference Room 3|| 70|| 30|| 25|| 22|| 20|
| First||Conference Room 4|| 40|| 24|| 20|| 16|| 20|
| First||Meeting Room 4**|| 40|| N/A|| 12/14|| N/A|| N/A|
| || || || || || || |
* Not available Monday- Friday 8.30am - 5pm
** This room is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties
Staff House Accessibility, Equality & Diversity
Being part of an institution which works hard to drive equality and diversity at Staff House we are in a great position when it comes to offering an inclusive and accessible environment for all visitors, regardless of what special requirements they might have.
Our venue is fully Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant and has –
- disabled parking
- ramped access
- a lift
- disabled toilets on all floors
- level access across the whole of the ground floor (where the majority of our function rooms are located)
Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the building and water is available for them.
We recognise that everyone is different and the needs of people with impairments and physical sensory access needs vary and we are able to put bespoke arrangements in place for visitors to Staff House. Working alongside the University’s Disability Support Services, we are able to offer a range of options to make sure that guests are able to enjoy their day and participate fully.
All of our staff complete diversity training when they are appointed and are required to do a refresher training every 2 years.
Conference & Event Services
University of Hull
+44 (0)1482 465341