Invited speaker at scientific conferences and meetings:
• Symposium on ‘Interfaces in aquatic ecosystems’, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, August 2016. Invited talk on 'Fish in estuaries: life at the interface(s)'
• Spatial Ecology & Conservation (SEC4) International Conference, Symposium 1: Marine Spatial Planning. University of Bristol, July 2016. Invited talk on 'Essential Fish Habitats mapping: a prescriptive tool for marine spatial planning?'
• SIBIC 2016 - VI Iberian Congress of Ichthyology. Murcia, Spain, June 2016. Invited plenary lecture on 'Fish as ecological indicators and the challenge of climate change'
• Humber Nature Forum meeting. Barton upon Humber, December 2015. Invited talk on 'Lamprey in the Humber'
• Institute of Fisheries Management Meeting, The Deep, Hull, May 2013. Invited talk on 'Fish and Fisheries in the Humber'
More than 50 presentations at national and international conferences, symposia and meetings
Subject Expert and Teaching Assistant (“Cultore della Materia”) in Ecology at the Department of Environmental Sciences, Ca’ Foscari University (Venice, Italy) (2010-2013)
Included by ISPRA (Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research) in the technical-scientific committee for the implementation of WFD in transitional and coastal waters (Med-GIG Phase II) as a national expert on fish in transitional waters (2009)